Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Jeff Where Art Thou?

Since we are all breathlessly awaiting Jeff's lyrical satire about his joining the family I thought I would publicly call him out. Although I'm doubtful this will get him going.

So until we are graced with Jeff's own story we will have to suffice with one of my own.

I remember the first time meeting Jeff. Mindy and I had gone to Moab to ride mountain bikes and since Melissa was there as a river guide we called ahead and arranged to go to dinner.

Now if I am remembering correctly Melissa was just barely un-engaged to the first guy. Or maybe she was still engaged. Either way I recall being a little surprised when she showed up with this new guy. A guy who seemed the exact opposite of the first who I remember as older, balding, and not that tall.

Believe it or not when Jeff walked in he wasn't balding, he was sporting a fro. My delicate BYU eyes were shocked at all that hair!! Add to that he was taller than me and could easily take me and we instantly liked him much better.

Mindy and I had a great time later that night talking about this Wookie Melissa was hanging around with.

Man I wish Jeff still had that hair.

We need a picture of Jeff with his pre-marriage follicles!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Hopefully we will get him to blog soon!

Madge Thomas said...

In their wedding picture, Jeff sports more hair but that was nothing compared to the first time I met Jeff it was beyond fro!!