Thursday, May 03, 2007

18 Screaming 7 Year Olds

As I mentioned last week we sent out 18 invites for Kate's friend birthday party convinced that half of them were not going to be able to make it. But since we had it at 8:30am everyone could come!! But Mindy had one trick up her sleeve. She got three neighbor kids to come over, these were 6th graders. They loved helping out and actually made a huge difference.

So the plan for the day was for me to make Pancakes and then to play games and do crafts. I made enough pancakes for an army.

That was enjoyed by all. Because I do make the best pancakes in the world according to my kids.
Then we face painted

Decorated Beach Buckets (Mindy hid these around the yard and they had to find the one with their name on it)
Then they decorated flip flops "jewels" they glued on.

Then a game where each girl put a balloon on each foot and you run around and try and pop each others balloon. A big hit!

Then they made necklaces, Paige has one on. (I think she had as much or more fun than Kate!)
Are you tired yet!!!!!!

Kate wanted Mindy's famous sugar cookies instead of a cake so Mindy obliged. (They really are unbelievable)


This might explain why the kids only get a friend party every other year.

3 comments:

Cindy Thomas said...

I'm going to have to archive all these WONDERFUL ideas for when Emma hits b-day party age! The balloon thing sounds great!

Melissa said...

Fun Party! Will you make me pancakes for my birthday?

Linnea said...

Hey guys, share the love. How about blogging these wonderful recipes instead of bragging about how delicious they are! :) I'm hungry!