Monday, April 09, 2007

Rooster!

Well, I don't know the story behind this whole thing. Something about Eldon not know that chickens lay eggs regardless if the rooster is around. So, like I said, I don't know how this all came about but I really wanted to be included in poking fun at Eldon, so here's mine.

Jeff Foxworthy has those famous "You know you're a redneck if..." jokes. Well, you know you're a San Diego metrosexual if.... :)- you think a chicken needs a rooster to lay an egg.

We here in Mesa, Arizona, we know things. :)- In fact, I learned this about 3 years ago when my neighbor's chicken escaped and started laying eggs in my backyard. I was freaked out when a chicken of all things popped out from behind a bush and then I was freaked out to find all these eggs under the bush. I called her because I didn't want little chickens happening in my backyard and then she told me that it was okay because they didn't have a rooster. That's when the little light popped on and I went, "Oh." I was enlightened. Now you are too. :)

3 comments:

Linnea said...

Eldon, You do know that you are a metrosexual don't you--I mean come on, your wife gives you gift certificates for pedicures and I bet anything that you go! I think it's a great thing. I would love to get pedicures with Russ while practicing yoga but he's not going for it. Some girls just have all the luck.

Eldon said...

Metro and proud of it. Which reminds me I need to wax my chest hairs again.

Brent and April said...

Personally I'm growing mine out. I hope I can get them in braids soon. (My chest hairs that is). Extreemly not Metro and proud of it. I need to go kill something. Speaking of which...Russ got drawn for Elk this year.