Sunday, April 08, 2007

More conference

This year we played conference bingo! It was a huge hit. I always got the loser bingo card though. They said "prayer", "scriptures", "Joseph Smith", and "family" a whole bunch. But they only said "family home evening" once at the very end. I would have won if they would have just said "family home evening". Oh well.

I was worried that if we played conference bingo, we might forget to listen to what the talks were really about, but I was able to listen. I also liked that talk that Heather mentioned. Jeff and I started laughing when he said that we were given our specific trials because they would strengthen us and help us become more like the Savior. The rest of the day, we kept hugging and saying how grateful we were for our trial. (Each other- hee hee) It was a really good talk though.

I felt like they really hit hard the basic gospel principles this conference. I don't know if you knew this, but the guy that made "The God Makers" (an anti-mormon video) just came out with a new one and mailed out 15,000 DVD's locally right before conference. It seemed like the general authorities refuted so many false misconceptions about our church. They bore such strong testimony about the Savior and the gospel principles, it was powerful.

I loved the choir this year. They didn't sing any up beat get ya going songs like "Carry on", but they were powerful. I wished that President Hinckley would have spoken more at the end. I always look forward to when he gets personal, and then bid's us farewell. It's like he said goodbye, and that was it. He is so lovable and humorous, I just wanted more and more.

2 comments:

Eldon said...

I love the idea of conference bingo. Where did you get the bingo cards? Or did you make them yourselves??

Melissa said...

I got them off the internet, but I will make them next time. They had "chapel" instead of "Church".
Nobody say's that. There were a couple of those on it. It was so fun. We had the Lee's over and everone played, including adults!