Sunday, April 08, 2007

Conference Comment

Eldon, I know this is a little slow in coming but I did have a talk that I really liked, Elder Oaks' talk about divorce on Sunday morning. No I'm not having marriage problems but we are surrounded by people who are. We've had 3 divorces in our ward in the last few months, YIKES! It was just really nice to hear him say that it's not ok when the whole world is telling us that it is. My favorite part was when he said that the solution to most marital problems is not divorce but repentence. It's so much easier to point fingers than it is to ask for forgiveness. Overall, I appreciated the affirmation that marriage and family are important and worth the work!

1 comment:

Eldon said...

Over the past couple of years we have seen some very good friends struggle with this and seen the effects on the families.

We have decided that our advice to newlyweds is to fight more often. I know and oxymoron of sorts. But it seems issues go unresolved for so long until they fester and cause bigger problems. So pick your battles carefully, but then duke it out until you are on the same page.

Ahhh. Can't you just hear the sweet sounds of love...