Monday, April 02, 2007

Conference

So I had a hard time figuring out the theme of this conference. Usually I can come away with something but between stories of pickles and linebackers I am a bit confused?

What were your favorite talks? And did your kids watch all the in between stuff? Nothing like 6 hours of TV!

Highlights for me

- The girls had to fill out little summaries on some of the speakers which turned into a drama all itself. Me: "Hey didn't you hear him just talk about being kind?? Knock it off. Just write and quit talking"

- I did like the pickle talk

- Lots of talks on forgiveness and repentance. I wonder how a Mormon community would have reacted to 5 kids being killed?

But the highlight was Sunday morning. I was so excited to not have an early meeting. This was going to be the first time in about 6 months that the alarm was not going to be set. Just the thought of going to bed without a specific time I had to get up was great. But Garrett decided to get up at 5:30am and bug us until I got up to fix breakfast. I about killed him when he went down at 11am for a nap!!

2 comments:

Eldon said...

Hello?? Is anybody reading this blog anymore??

Comment for Pete's sake.

Melissa said...

I am reading!