Friday, June 22, 2007

Luke Joseph Thomas

Well, Luke decided to come a little early. We were not ready! April was 36 weeks and 4 days. The doctors did not want him to come until the 26th, after she hit her 37th week. Everything worked out OK though. He had a little problem breathing for a few minutes but it went away. They did monitor his oxygen levels for the next several hours and then unhooked him and gave him back to us.

I want to take you back to the 20th. I have been working on the landscaping at our house. The HOA says that our house is too tall and they want me to put dirt around the foundation to raise it up 4 feet. To do that I have to build a rock retaining wall.


For $10 you can go into the forest and get all the "malapi" rock you want. We had been getting rock for several days and we probably only need one more load. Wednsday morning around 9:30am while loading rock into the trailer I was throwing a good sized rock in shotput style when "crack". A sharp pain between my shoulder blades. It is annoying and hurts at times but I'm ok. We finnish loading rock and come home. On the way I call the chiropractor and set up an appointment for 2pm. The doctor cracks me back into place and WOW! The pain really starts. I can hardly move. He says its my muscles that were strained by my back being out of wack.

So I go home and try to lay down. April gets back from $hopping and abruptly stops and says OUCH! She needs to lay down too. For 3 hours she lays in bed having contractions. We call the doctor and she says to drink lots of water and to relax. Nothing is helping. I start freaking out because I can hardly move. I find 2 leftover vicadin pills from my broken ribs and pop them down. Then I jump into the tub and turn the water on as hot as I can stand it. The whole time I am praying that I can recover enough to get April to the hospital. It works and I am feeling better.

Long story short, "Frankenstein" and his bride make it to the hospital and Luke is born.

He is born at 6:30 am on the 21st and weighs 7lbs 11ozs and is 21 inches long.
























7 comments:

Madge said...

Number 20 is mightly cute!!!
Congratulations to all!!
April you're the best!!

Eldon said...

What's with your back and everything else? You are just falling apart for a young guy.

Brent and April said...

I just wasn't ment for hard labor.

Anonymous said...

Wow, he looks like he belongs in your family. What's with all the hair!!. Love it. Our babies never had any (except fuzzies) I always wondered what it would be like to have to give a real shampoo. He's super cute congrats.

Cindy Thomas said...

He's a handsome little one... and I think Sabrina will have a BLAST with him! WATCH OUT! Christopher was 7 - 11 too. He always reminded me of the convenient store! :D Good Job!

Linnea said...

Oh he's so beautiful. I love brand new babies and cute newbies are the best! They're rare! Congrats.

Melissa said...

Congrats!!