Monday, June 11, 2007

Havasupi



I need to get my blog up and running again, but in the meantime, I thought I would tell you what we did this weekend!






Jeff and I, and 6 other couples, backpacked to Havasupi in the Grand Canyon. We stayed for 3 nights and then packed out. It was amazing!






I felt like I was on Goonies - exploring caves and waterfalls. It was so much fun, and a great workout. 10 miles in and 10 miles back out. (Some of my friends rode a horse out and 2 took the helicopter - cheaters!)

Thanks for babysitting Melanie - the kids loved you - and your chicken casadillas!

















2 comments:

Eldon said...

We don't even know 6 couples who would go camping or hiking. In fact I'm not sure we know one other couple who would do that. I'm jealous

Heather C. said...

Isn't Havasupi so amazing! I went with some friends in highschool and I still compare every camping/hiking/waterfall experience to it. I'm so jealous that you got to go, glad you had fun!