Monday, October 30, 2006

Pumpkin Fever

Glenn was off at a Scouting Campout this past weekend. So, on Saturday morning I was feeling ambitious, thinking I could take on the world by myself with 5 children! The boys had practice for their Primary Program at 8:30am. Immediately following the practice the Elder's Quorum had a Pumpkin Carving Party from 9:30 to 11:30.

While the boys were at the practice, Emma and I went over to Sprouts and brought back 5 large pumpkins to carve - plus a bunch of knives. WHAT WAS I THINKING - A Mom with 5 kids with knives (no father)! Most of the people at the party were feeling a bit shaken as they saw our boys running around with knives, trying to carve their pumpkins. This tended to actually have a good effect because so many people volunteered to help me managed my kids! Shew. No one lost any appendages and we came home with 4 jack-o-lanterns! It was a fun Saturday morning!

No comments: