Sunday, October 08, 2006

Raw Milk and all

I am happy to report that Raw Milk and all we survived the weekend in AZ. Given the recent reports of E. Coli and raw milk (including kids in San Diego who went to the hospital. See News Report) and the various other beverages brewing in Mom's fridge we had valid reasons to worry.

On this subject I am reminded of the good ol days when water was suspect and folks stuck to Wine, Hard Apple Cider or Beer to avoid bugs. Today we have an equally bug-free, but not as fun, drink. Diet Coke. I could go on extolling the virtues of this tasty bubbly but I will restrain myself. But let me part with the words of another Diet Coke lover "Come over to the
Dark Side and together we can rule the world". Don't underestimate the power of this dark nectar.


Melanie was great to let us use her room. I mean cute room. Melanie has been busy decorating and it shows. I don't think she is leaving anytime soon Mom.


One of the highlights of the weekend was having Melanie explain to me how she wasn't really funny about food like Grandpa Jack while she was eating her oatmeal made by soaking it overnight in homemade yogurt. But of course everyone agreed that Heather was way worse. It's always handy to have someone you can claim is wackier than you are, especially when they aren't around.

Is anyone noticing I am feeling a little feisty today? Diet Coke for breakfast baby.

We arrived about 12:30am on Thursday. At 8:30am the next morning I am awakened by my kids rummaging around their luggage looking for their swimsuits. It was raining, and they just had to go out and play in the rain.
So as the neighborhood moms are driving their kids to school they pass my genetic mutants skipping through the gutters in their bathing suits. I would have loved to have heard some of the comments from the many cars that passed by that morning.
After their zany frolic in the rain, the kids enjoyed more civilized activities like playing cards with Grandma Or hanging out with cousins.

Of course we stuck to tradition and went for Mexican food at lunch. We had a Moffat/Thomas combination at Gecko Grill. I got my Rosa's the next day.

Saturday night was the ritual gathering to enjoy a slaughtered animal (pulled pork sandwiches), watch rhythmic dancing (Mindy and Melissa's victory dances) and gather around a fire (Mindy's birthday cake. Hey it woulda been a fire with 38 candles)

Slaughtered Animal
Rhythmic Dancing - As soon as we finished the game
Gathering around the fire - imagine 38 candles In the middle of all that we went to our 20th High School Reunion which turned out to be really fun. So in preparation for our 30th I am going to crack open an icy cold Diet Coke and let all those preservatives go to work.









No comments: