Sunday, November 04, 2007

Teaching an "Old" Dog New Tricks

I know this may sound silly, but I made it a point that when I got married I would always put the toilet seat and lid down. It was just a small thing that I knew I could do to add a little more happiness to my marriage. How have I been doing over the last few years? Excellent. It's a shocker when Heather finds that I haven't put the seat and lid down.

But all that has changed over the past couple of months. I am now in trouble if I put the toilet seat and lid down. Why? Well, given the nature of pregnancy, Heather has been making more frequent late night trips to the pot. Given that she is barely half awake during these midnight runs, she is quickly awaken when she sits down on the cold, closed lid. I've now been repremanded for keeping the lid closed. Unfortunately, this has been a really hard habit to break. In fact, I've only successfully done it once.

Only two more months!

3 comments:

Madge said...

Hang in there Mike - this to will pass!

Brent and April said...

That is too funny!

Brent

Eldon said...

The old switch-er-roo. Just when you figure out the rules - they change. Never happened to me!