Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Too much chocolate cake?

Can that be possible?! Today has been a GREAT day for one little man named Christopher! Glenn & I had thought about postponing his birthday till this coming weekend. (Glenn's been out of town.) But, we knew the school teacher would make some birthday comment and spoil our trickery.

So, all day long I've been explaining to him that it's his birthday but we won't have a cake (he wants an airplane cake) till Dad gets home. He's really stuck on this cake thing. So, Glenn convinced him over the phone that Mom would make him cupcakes and he bought it.

He wanted chocolate cupcakes, with chocolate chip "surprise" inside plus chocolate frosting. So, as the birthday boy ordered...




As he was "downing" these cakes he finally got to #3 and stated... Mom, I don't think I can eat another bite. I don't like chocolate anymore! (I wish it was THAT easy for me!)



It was a wonderful day all-in-all! I think we sang the "birthday song" to him about five times. He kept wanting us to sing to him. And it was hard to get to school this morning for Grandma and Grandpa in Nebraska sent this:



But the day did come to an end with a nice visit from Grandma and Grandpa Thomas and one can ALWAYS expect a silly toy from Grandma:

2 comments:

Brent and April said...

I don't know which one I like better, the fire truck or the glasses.

Brent

Melissa said...

So fun. I was baking some chocolate cupcakes this morning too. Birthday boys and their chocolate!!