Monday, September 24, 2007

All was quiet....TOO QUIET!!!

Well, it got pretty chilly last night (40º), so we had our first fire. We didn't really need a fire, but it was fun. Too much fun for the boys. I left them doing their homework by the fire for a few minutes to log on to the the computer. April was gone running an errand. Everything seemed fine. Logan came in a few minutes later to tell me he was done and that he wanted to go outside to play in the hammock. I checked his homework and then said he could go ahead and go play outside.

A few minutes later April got home and I came out of the office when I noticed that the screen in front of the fire was opened a few inches. I didn't think too much of it at this point. When I came closer I saw melted CRAYONS and drips all over the hearth.






How can you be mad at faces like these?

2 comments:

Eldon said...

You gotta love this time of life

Melissa said...

So funny! what is it with fire... I love it too!