Sunday, July 01, 2007

More fun with Bears


We had another visit from our friendly neighborhood bear. (link)

I was gone with the kids to the fireworks show in Heber on saturday night. While we were gone, Volker (my father-in-law) returned from the store and sitting there in the driveway was a bear. It didn't spook away. It just sat there watching him. Well, Volker being a good father-in-law, loaded his 9mm Glock and stepped out of his truck. The bear didn't move. So he fired into the ground and it shot off like a scared rabbit. April and Mimi (April's sister) ran to the windows because of the gunshot and were so pleased to hear that the bear had returned.

I will keep you posted on the Bear. I still don't have a rug in front of the fireplace!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

SAVE TEDDY!!

Madge Thomas said...

And you really think that I'm coming up there??????????????

Brent and April said...

It has ONLY killed 3 people that we know of.

Cindy Thomas said...

This reminds me of the mountain lion in Ladera that ONLY ate one jogger and mangled her running buddy...