Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Eldon's Navigation service

So last week Melissa was in town camping at the beach.

Several times during the day I would get a call on my cell phone that would start something like this:

"Hey do you know where Ralphs is?"
"Hey what exit is Costco on?"
"Hey we are lost over by downtown but we are hungry. Where is the best place to stop with kids?"

Hmm. That last one threw me for a loop. Lost but needed a place to eat that was just right for kids...

The funny thing is I am the worst with directions? Mindy kept laughing at me for even trying to help Melissa because I am so bad myself with directions. I am always missing turns or getting lost.

I am glad to know it is genetic. Call me anytime Melissa because at least I can use you as an example of how I inherited my complete lack of direction.

(I loved getting the calls and seeing you and the family)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That was the first time I have regretted not getting the navigations thingy in my car. Thanks for putting up with me... it's a shame that we both are directionally challenged!! (By the way, you really helped - so you can't be all that bad)