Sunday, July 22, 2007

Meet The Thomases

I thought I'd pick up where Jeff and Russ' wives left off with the whole in-law blog entry. I'm still a relatively new addition to the family and only seeing everyone around the holidays or family vacations has not made the newness of the Thomases completely wear-off yet.

My first encounters with the Thomas clan came during Christmas almost four years ago. The biggest thing for me to get used was the noise level. My family tends to be more reserved, so meeting up with all the Thomases was a lot to take in all at once--in fact it was pretty overwhelming at first. The one thing that helped me adjust to Thomas family life, was how accepting everyone was of me from the beginning (or at least you all acted that way). I think it helped that I gave Brent a welt on his forehead with the boys' Christmas present that year.

Since then I've enjoyed getting to know everyone a lot more, whether it's through our small stint living in California, Melanie living up in Provo for a year, paintballing with Russ, talking with Brent via iChat, or golfing with Dad. Now that we've acclamated to Colorado and we're getting into a house, any of you are more than welcome to drop in (especially to escape the Arizona heat).

2 comments:

Madge said...

Mike we have something in common! When I met the Thomas family - John's family, I to was overwhelmed!! I'm one of 3 children so just by the numbers it's quiet. John is one of 10 children, need I say more except that they are wonderful!

Brent and April said...

You were right. We were just pretending.... we really don't like you at all. LOL

Brent