Sunday, March 11, 2007

1725 E. Brown Road

Life at 1725 E. Brown Road. I remember most the Tree between our yard and the Shills yard. We had a trampoine under it on our side and we would jump from the tree to the trampoline. We would also play tag in the tree. It was huge and we were like monkeys jumping from branch to branch.

That also reminds me of playing "ditchum" in our yard/the Shills yard. It was like our own little world. They had a funky house that had so many places to hide. And the were never there so it was like our yard too.

Then there were the chickens. King! Need I say more. I still have marks on my legs from King.



5 comments:

Melanie said...

mmm....nope, don't remember that! :)

Heather C. said...

I think I remember remembering King. Or Maybe I just remember other people remembering King...

Eldon said...

I can remember spending what felt like days up in that tree.

Remember the Turkeys the Shill's got one year.

And I still remember eating King. It was a little weird, but I had to do it.

Linnea said...

I tell bedtime stories that start, "When I was a little girl..." Haylee's favorite is about the mean and nasty rooster, she calls him King Noah. I tell her about him pecking my knees until they bled and then I tell her that, "we chopped of his head, plucked out his feathers and then we ate him...and he was delicious." She loves that story. :) I'm serious. I also remember that tree and it was huge. And I remember that it had caterpillar cocoons on it. It was the best tree.

Melissa said...

Oh how I loved that tree! There will never be another one like it. Didn't the shills have the weirdest house ever?
King - I am scared for life!