Monday, February 05, 2007

Harper News

Our news... hmm. Well, last weekend Russ entered a mountain biking race. We laughed a bit because his group was called Rock Crushers. It was for 220+ lbs. I think he was tentative about racing because he thought he was pretty good, but when you compete it really shows you where you stand. He did fantastic though. He came in 3rd in his group and passed most of the guys in the group that left 3 minutes before his. I had fun, Russ had fun, and we both agree that he needs to do it again.

What else? Well, I thought of Cindy today as I was prying a piece of crayon out of Lindsay's nose with tweezers. What in the heck are they thinking? "Hmm, I think I'm going to shove this up my nose." I'm sorry but that's weird.

Well, we are finally taking steps to move from our charming, 1940's home. The charm has worn off. :) It's been one big remodeling project in the works for the 3 years that we've lived here and I am really excited to leave it behind. I'm excited to leave the foot traffic traveling down our street at all hours. I'm excited to leave the endless list of remodeling to-do's that take forever to get done. (I'm excited for different to-do lists.) I am sad to leave our neighbors and our ward though. But the part that I'm really not looking forward to is the finishing of all the remodel projects. For example, every single room and ceiling has to be painted because we relocated the a/c vents. Holy cow I'm glad this is a small house. And what really stinks is that we won't get the chance to enjoy all the improvements. Oh well.

I've started going to the gym again and I'm taking a yoga class. I love it and I see Christian Neilson and his wife there. Small world.




Haylee is Cinderella. No really, if you didn't know already, she insists that you call her Cinderella. She tells me that I'm the nice step-mother. :) I love it. She is so sweet and I love age three, most of the time. She loves to sing, dance, go to the park and play with friends.

Lindsay is my monster but she's at that age. I told Russell that she is absolutely the cutest kid ever, except when she's going AAAAAH! AAAAAAH! in the most obnoxious, screaming voice I have ever heard.

Rusty, well what can I say, I am absolutely spoiled. He is 15+ lbs. of happy bliss. He smiles, he laughs, he rarely cries and he's been sleeping through the night since 1 month. He is the love of my life. Whenever he sees me, he looks at me with such love in his eyes, how can I not be smitten? However, I keep laughing when I think about how different my thoughts will be when he's Lindsay's age. :) I'll enjoy it now.

So that's it.

2 comments:

Eldon said...

You deserve a happy little guy. Cute kid

Heather C. said...

Holy Cow! Is that Lindsay? When did she grow up?!