Thursday, December 07, 2006

Thanksgiving at the Holiday Inn

Thanksgiving for us started at 5am on Wednesday as we headed out to a Family reunion in St. George, Utah

Nothing like ripping your kids out of bed in that early morning stupor.


But we did enjoy the drive (as compared to the drive home from Family camp). We just plugged the kids in and let them tune out.


Thanksgiving day started with a traditional football game at the park. My turn at playing quarterback yielded an interception. The big pass to me in the end zone went right through my fingers.

Guess I should get over the emotional scars of Mom and Dad not letting me play football as a youngster. Not really any skills there to work with.


After working up an appetite, we headed off to the $25 per person Thanksgiving Buffet at our hotel, the Holiday Inn.

If someone had been watching us as a movie, they would have screamed at the screen "Don't do it"! Like in every horror movie when the hot chick goes into the basement to investigate noises. It was just so obvious, to everyone but us, that this just couldn't end well.

The stuffing was so sticky I couldn't shake it off the serving spoon. The gravy, yellow in color and gelatinous. I kinda stopped there with the traditional stuff. Except I had to try the pumpkin pie. Big mistake. Frozen!!

Honest to goodness I didn't even eat one piece of Turkey for Thanksgiving. The only redeeming food item was some prime rib, which did at least fill the belly.


The next day we bowled and I made up for my dropped pass in football. See Story.


A family meeting, talent show, etc.

But the highlight of the weekend was the BYU vs Utah football game. We set up camp in the family room of Mindy's sister who just moved to St. George. We ran the TV feed through a projector to get a bigger picture and started grilling some dogs.

A couple hours later, after numerous screams and shouts, we all went wild as BYU won the game in the final three seconds. One of the best games I have ever seen.


We left shortly after the game and drove home. We arrived at midnight, but had to stay up and watch the USC vs Notre Dame game I had taped.
Man I love girls who love football.

No comments: