Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Rusty Busty!

I was thinking of Melissa while posting these pictures.
I know how much she loves injury photos,
so this one is especially for you Melissa!

This happened yesterday at my mother-in-laws house.
She has brick steps that lead
into the sunken family room
and they are vicious.
Nasty, huh?
The babysitter was watching the kids
and you should have seen her face
as she knocked on the door
and handed him to me.
I almost felt more sorry for her
than I did for Rusty.
She's 19 and the sweetest thing.
I had to explain to her that
this is how things roll at this age.

Haylee
broke her collar bone
from falling off the toilet at 18 months.
Lindsay was not quite 2 years old
when she fractured her arm
from falling at the park.
So this is our first time going in for stitches
but it's not wholly unexpected.
Especially because he may
or may not have been pushed
by one of his sisters.
We will probably never know.
They're not talking.

Russ got a good picture of the opened, gaping wound
while he was driving us to urgent care
and when I figure out how
to upload pictures from phones,
I'll eagerly share those with you.
It sliced right through his eyebrow.
I was remarkably calm
and it wasn't until we got in to see the doctor that I felt
shaky and nauseous.
They bandaged him up and
then sent us to a pediatric plastic surgeon.

Once we got there
they had us set him down on the table
and leave the room.
I was okay but then
one of the nurses suggested that we wait outside
so we didn't have to listen to him scream.
Once the door closed behind me I started crying.
I'm such a baby
but it turns out
that they didn't even need to use
the straight jacket on him
because he started to fall asleep.
Can you believe that?
I'm talking about him falling asleep during stitches,
not them using a straight jacket.

So anyway, here's my beautiful baby boy
with three layers of stitches
and a black eye.


Still Handsome!

3 comments:

Cindy Thomas said...

We've been told that you're not a TRUE boy unless you have facial injuries - WELCOME TO THE CLUB RUSTY!
Ben, Zach, Nick, Chris

Heather C. said...

OH MY LANTA!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, that deserves a comment from me. Wow, that hurts to look at it. I've heard the horizontal scar is the one to get, not the vertical.