Wednesday, June 11, 2008

my weekend

Melanie posted a recipe for a yummy lamb sandwich on her blog last week.  I was dying to try it but it looked like a lot of work.


So Mike and I doubled the recipe and invited some friends over for dinner on Sunday night to be our guinea pigs.

Mmm, doesn't it look soooo good!

At 5:30 everyone had arrived and we were just finishing last minute preparations, Mike was slicing the lamb and I was putting away a few clean dishes as we talked and joked with our guests.

I was especially witty, I was captivating my audience with a story while I pulled the blender out of the dishwasher and set it on the counter.

I had them laughing as I stacked a heavy ceramic bowl on the shelf and I turned around to look at them and enjoy their smiles. But they weren't smiling.

Apparently I was concentrating on my story more than on what I was doing and the ceramic bowl teetered and fell, smashing and shattering the blender on the counter. The blender, or what was left of it, then began to fall off the counter.

I looked back to see it falling and instinctively reached out to catch it.

I caught it.

I just had one real cut and it really wasn't as bad as it could have been,

but lots of glass and blood later we were all trying to decide whether or not I should get stitches.

Then one of our guests jokingly said she knew from parental experience that you can wait up to 12 hours to get stitches. That was enough for me!

We wrapped up my hand and ate our yummy sandwiches.

I did end up in the ER later that night and it's been gross and sore ever since. I'm so glad I enjoyed my food first.   In case you were getting hungry here's my lovely hand today, 4 double stitches later. GROSS!


4 comments:

Eldon said...

What is the deal with stitches in the family lately?

You have some serious bad luck health issues. You need some kind of witch doctor to remove the hex!!

Melissa said...

That stinks. Yucky picture!

Heather C. said...

Mike's friend at work asked him what the deal was, do we have bad luck or am I just accident prone. I think it's definitely both.

Cindy Thomas said...

YOU are the hostess extra-ordinare!