Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Skiing in Donner

This is our fourth year in a row going to Donner Ski Ranch. It is a long drive but it is affordable and perfect for kids.

We had a great time. We went with three other families and we brought along a babysitter.



We left at 5am on Thursday, Valentines day. Of course Mindy had a Valentines Bag of gifts for all the kids and me! (I did have a hand-made card for her so I didn't totally blow it)

Some good friends from Wharton happened to be at the resort next door so we got to get some Pizza with them one night.


After skiing or snowboarding all day the kids would pull out the sleds when the lifts closed. We couldn't believe their energy.

Kate was smooth on her skiis



Next Presidents day we hope to get some of you up there. Even though it is a long drive it is the most affordable way to ski with a family. Start planning!!

3 comments:

Heather C. said...

wow, that is cheap! That would be a blast, we'll have to think about going next year, or at least a summer vacation by the beach. I feel like we haven't seen you guys in forever!

Cindy Thomas said...

we hope to catch you next time - let's move it off of a "black out" travel date though :)

Melissa said...

I totally want to come. You need to convince my hubby for me.