Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Best Poem In The World

Thought you would all enjoy this-








Best Poem In the World

I was shocked, confused, bewildered
As I entered Heaven's door.
Not by the beauty of it all,
Nor the lights or it's decor.

But it was the folks in in Heaven
Who made me sputter & gasp-
The thieves, the liars, the sinners,
The alcoholics & the trash

There stood the kid from seventh grade
Who swiped my lunch money twice.
Next to him was my old neighbor
Who never said anything nice.

Bob who I always thought
Was rotting away in hell,
Was sitting pretty on cloud nine.
Looking incredibly well.

I nudged Jesus, What's the deal?
I would love to hear your take.
How'd these sinners get up here?
God must've made a mistake.

And why is everyone so quiet,
So somber - give me a clue.
"Hush, Child." He said.
"They're all in shock,
No one thought they'd be seeing you."

JUDGE NOT !!

Remember . . Just going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a car.

Every saint has a PAST
Every sinner has a FUTURE!

1 comment:

Brent and April said...

That is a good one.