Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Funny Conversations

This morning Thomas did something that is SO characteristic of him that I had to share it. While I was making breakfast he was being a little stinker and I anded up taking a toy away and put it in the basement, our usual method of discipline (or retribution).  He was pretty dramatic in displaying his displeasure but soon breakfast was ready and he had calmed down. I asked him to say the prayer and he immediately says,


"Dear Heavenly Father, please bless Mommy not to get angry and take my toys away... and bless the food." The best part came after the prayer.

He says, "Mom, what did I pray?" Oh the bitterness of having your own manipulation tactics used against you.

I said, "You asked that I won't get angry and take toys away."

"Yes," he said "I blessed that you won't get angry."

"Ooh." I had to bite my lip so I wouldn't start laughing.

"I told Heavenly Father that," he said emphatically.

What a character.

1 comment:

Brent and April said...

He learns from the best!!!